Large Market Account Partner - Mid-West or Northeast
- - Revenue - Customer Development
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Large Market Account Partner - Mid-West or Northeast
The Large Market Account Partner is a key contributor within the Customer Development function and manages client relationships with the large and jumbo channels to satisfy, retain, and grow Bind's customers. The Large Market Account Partner will be the ongoing day-to-day point of contact for assigned clients. This role is part of a dedicated Customer Development team responsible for building outstanding client relationships with Bind.
The position will require 20% travel on average with up to 50% at times to visit customers, attend critical industry meetings, and participate in key Large Market Account Partner field events. The ideal candidate will reside either in the Mid-West or Northeast region of the United States.
- Excellent balance in supporting the customer while protecting the Bind platform
- Lad complex Plan Sponsor engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, communications, and renewal
- Interact, collaborate, and partner with senior leaders and C-Suite level executives on the Bind and Plan Sponsor strategy, while building trust and relationships
- Understands key market and regulatory dynamics of the insurance industry segment and well as the Plan Sponsor's industry segment
- Serves as the day to day contact, responds to questions and concerns to ensure customer success and proper account management, such as plan and performance reviews, tailored marketing, and communications, and ensuring the resolution of escalated or sensitive cases.
- Understand customers' business challenges, health and wellness strategy, industry trends and consult on how Bind can help them achieve their objective
- Provides leadership and guidance to analyst function that serves as support to you and the Plan Sponsor
- Upon notification of sale, work closely with the Sales and Implementation teams to establish a client specific implementation plan
- During the Implementation Process, work closely with Plan Sponsor to establish a strong working relationship and understanding of customer needs, structure, and path to success
- Participate in open enrollment/member recruitment activities as requested
- Develop strategies for retention, growth, and plan design efficiencies/changes
- Participate in user acceptance testing to validate solutions meet requirements
- Monitor the service model performance and details, identifying and resolving issues and prioritizing and delivering on improvements
- Manage broker/consultant relationships (if existing) for the delivery of the service model
- 4-year college degree
- 6+ years of client facing experience in the insurance or health and benefits industry, relationship management for jumbo, large companies (10,000+ lives) in the health insurance space
- A self-starter who operates with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with large, and/or national employers
- Interacting and working with senior leaders and C-Suite level executives
- Strong account management experience specifically working with large employer HR function
- Ability to set realistic goals, manage expectations and prioritize needs of competing interests (client, operations, information systems, internal and external partners, sales)
- Ability to organize and schedule people and tasks to develop realistic action plans
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel are ideal)
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic organization
- Demonstrated results orientation and ability to execute on goals
- Manage high volume of details with precision and excellence in short and inflexible timeframes
- Ability to travel 20% on average and up to 50% during heavy implementation and Open Enrollment periods
- Health Insurance/Heath Care industry experience strongly preferred
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.