Licensing Specialist/Paralegal - Minneapolis
- - Corporate - Legal
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Licensing Specialist/Paralegal - Minneapolis
Performs research to understand and apply third party administrator, producer, etc., licensing requirements and facilitates completion as appropriate. Maintains a calendar and timeline of filing requirements, reviews, and analyzes needs and engages internal and external groups to ensure good standing is maintained; supports other areas of the department with legal research and review.
- Reviews and analyzes state specific licensing requirements, regulations, filings, and related areas based on business and operational needs
- Completes documents and gathers materials required for proper licensing or compliance, monitors, and tracks approval and follows up with internal and external groups as needed
- Maintains a calendar and timeline for licensing requirements and ensures appropriate lead times to begin and conclude any obligations
- Supports the research, review and filing of other areas, such as entity registration, taxation, and employment to maintain compliance or good standing
- Performs legal research, develops opinions or recommendations and coordinates responses with other legal team members
- Assists with developing or serving as a team member for legal or cross-functional project or program objectives; may develop and manage areas that are moderate in scope or impact
- Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and assists with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensures operations are compliant and receives guidance within these areas as needed
- Provides feedback and guidance to resolve management and customer questions and requirements; assists with receiving agency feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required
- Logs, processes, tracks, and follows up on all Licensing requests and maintains a storage and filing system
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Legal Studies or related field or equivalent education and experience and at least three years licensing, or related regulatory or compliance in a health care or insurance setting
- Principles, practices, and techniques of licensing or related regulatory or compliance administration
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills
- Administration and licensing system programs, policies, and procedures
- Applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Project management principles and practices
- Legal research approaches
- Basic healthcare and insurance terminology
- Methods to coordinate internal and external resource and responses
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Approaches to perform multiple concurrent projects with firm deadlines
- Communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization and with government agencies
- Be flexible, adapt to change
- Perform professional licensing or related regulatory or compliance administration duties
- Review and administer various sources of information and requirements
- Maintain the accuracy and timeliness of requirements, information, and detail
- Perform legal research
- Serve as a team member and the development and management of projects
- Operate in a both a team and individual contributor environment
- Work with third parties and agencies
- Interpret, apply, and explain applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Develop and prepare functional reports, correspondence, and other written materials
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.