Delivery Lead & Chief of Staff - Minneapolis
- - Design - Delivery
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Delivery Lead & Chief of Staff - Minneapolis
The Design team at Bind is responsible for the innovation, roadmap, design, and development of Bind's products and platform. The Delivery Lead role is responsible for driving cross-functional solutions to deliver the greatest value to the market, orchestrating across all aspects of the company to ensure initial and ongoing success of the product. The role will be part of the design leadership team, reporting to the executive leader.
- Provides vision, leadership, and direction across the group in the development and alignment of projects and products for the overall design, product, and related business operations to ensure objectives are met
- Drives to solutions that create the greatest value for Bind in meeting the needs of the market aligned with Bind's vision
- Orchestrates the ongoing management and future enhancements to the product and platform roadmap
- Provides leadership to executive management in establishing overall delivery goals, objectives, strategies, plans, execution, communication, and continuous improvement within the organization
- Partners and coordinates cross-functionally on tracking, reporting and management of cross-functional projects, requirements, and deliverables.
- Ensures appropriate levels of communication regarding strategies, programs and initiatives with stakeholders, managers, employees for awareness, understanding, alignment and proper management
- Provides analyses and guidance on capacity, team design and resources required for delivery, as well as stakeholder management
- Leads the executive oversight of the delivery approach, including methods, approaches, tracking and communication company-wide; pragmatically applying agile and lean principles
- Ensures that all aspects of the company are engaged as needed to broadly deliver success for initial rollout and ongoing operation of key initiatives
- Leads or coaches large, complex, or sensitive projects for the group; oversees or supports the coordination and management of related projects through the team
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Product Management, or related degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading delivery, projects, or product design
- Expert principles, practices and techniques of business systems and delivery development
- Project and product leadership policies and procedures
- Vast product and delivery management within functional business operations
- Strategic initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Various process improvement principles and programs, including agile and lean approaches
- General business planning, competitive analysis, and strategy development
- Multiple strategies to understand, influence and manage business results
- Financial management (P & L, balance sheet, forecasting, and budgets) to ensure return on investment and meeting financial objectives
- How start-ups or small companies work, operate and requirements to grow
- Applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Computer applications and systems related to the work
- Lead related delivery, project, and program/product design management a dynamic environment
- Communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Be flexible, adapt to change
- Work within a start-up/small company that focused on growth
- Develop and champion a vision
- Aim for excellence in execution, leverage continuous improvement, lead within the team
- Work with teams to pragmatically put in practices and improvements to achieve goals within a matrixed organization
- Provide leadership to executive management in the development of delivery, project, and program/product design strategies
- Ask questions, be curious
- Ensure the effective return on investment on resources, programs, and approaches
- Create alignment to overall strategies, programs, and initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Outline strategies and approaches to understand business results
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Lead, motivate and develop individuals at all levels of the organization
- Determine and ensure the effective use of resources in a cross-functional and dynamic environment
- Master of Business Administration
- Health insurance industry experience
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.