QA Engineering Manager - Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (QA)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
QA Engineering Manager - Minneapolis
Performs and oversees approaches to review and test new, enhanced, or updated technology to production, with a focus on automation. Performs project reviews, supports the overall management of the teams and reviews, and drives towards team objectives.
- Reviews and tests technologies for production, eliminates bugs or defects and develops approaches to automate
- Performs project reviews, assists other engineers on front or back end development, code deployment, or other production/technology needs
- Oversees the quality, testing and automation process to detect and eliminate bugs or defects for new, enhanced, or updated technologies to production
- Supports the activities to oversee the development and implementation of a process to monitor the overall or specific technology/production performance
- Sets or reviews specific objectives for the team and manages the evaluation of expected results; ensures up and down stream impact is considered
- Works to facilitate meetings and develops communications to provide feedback to teams on quality and automation approaches, priorities, and concepts for integration into the business
- Oversees quality or cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other project requirements
- Oversees the expectations and communication with leaders and other stakeholders on process, project and program status, timelines, and resources
- Ensures processes and operations complies with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; provides interpretation within area not requiring formal legal opinions
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Management, or related degree
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive technology experience
- Comprehensive principles, practices, and techniques of technology quality assurance
- A strong understanding of principles, practices, and terminology on overall technology platforms
- Development and implementation of technology quality assurance programs, policies, and procedures
- Applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Technology operations within functional business operations
- Strategic initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Process improvement principles and programs
- Computer applications and systems related to the work
- Communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Be flexible, adapt to change
- Perform comprehensive technology and quality assurance management
- Oversee and manage quality assurance initiatives within various functions
- Train and guide others in policies and procedures related to the work
- Manage various projects across the organization
- Manage or oversee both internal and external resources
- Interpret, apply, and explain applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Provide consulting services to supervisors and staff
- Prepare functional reports, correspondence, and other written materials
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established organizational and department guidelines
- Work may also subject to travel and associated environments
- Prior supervisory experience
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.