VP, Member Experience - Minneapolis
- - Operations
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
VP, Member Experience - Minneapolis
Job Description: The Vice President of Member Experience is responsible for facilitating member experience excellence throughout Bind, creating a seamless, transparent and frictionless experience that generates mutually beneficial interactions between Bind and our members, and contributes to customer retention and member satisfaction.
Scope: This executive will lead a multi-faceted team to facilitate central oversight of member experience programs and efforts company wide as well as centralized programs. The team will focus on synergies, organizational learning, change management, holistic perspectives, closed-loop systems, messaging improvement, member-centricity and momentum. Centralized member experience programs include coordinating with consumer research and analytics projects, managing member service and grievances and appeals, and leading business process improvement activities in concert with cross-functional business owners. This executive will work closely with marketing communications, product, engineering, and sales leaders to jointly embed and facilitate member experience excellence ownership and alignment.
Requirements: This individual has a consumer-centric mindset and demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum. This executive has a strong background in omni-channel member engagement, customer strategy, consumer research and analytics techniques, process improvement, human-centered design and performance management. This individual has proven ability to manage diverse efforts' synergies, and ability to navigate ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Work in partnership with Design, Account Management, Member Activation, Merchandising, and Product Marketing to develop and deploy a coordinated member experience strategy, including characterization of strategic member segments and implications for requirements and priorities throughout the company, and systematic collection and application of member experience insights for strategic advantage and growth.
- Coordinate the various roles associated with member experience management throughout the company, minimizing silos of systems, data, assumptions, hand-offs, performance and member touch-points.
- Establish and roll-out the company's member experience maturity roadmap for holistic management and incremental sophistication as internal capabilities increase and external expectations evolve.
- Develop an effective portfolio of internal communications that educate stakeholders about member experience realities, expectations, moments of truth, goals, improvement and innovation techniques and engagement opportunities, emphasizing specific ways different roles can make a difference in member lifetime value.
- Develop recognition for formal and informal collaboration that resolves issues, prevents issues, and creates value for internal and external customers.
- Advocate for member needs in the development and deployment of projects and strategies throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum.
- Demonstrated experience working with omni-channel member engagement strategies and execution channels, including hands-on experience leading one or more channel.
- Strong background in consumer research and analytics techniques, customer strategy, process improvement, human-centered design, and performance management.
- Proven ability to manage diverse efforts' synergies.
- Experienced in navigating ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Track record of customer-centric decision-making.
- 10+ years experience in more than two senior customer-management roles previously, such as voice of customer, experience design, customer care, customer intelligence, customer loyalty, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Track record of frequent personal interactions with customers.
- Tech-savvy in evolving technologies.
- Comfortable with public speaking and facilitating large group sessions.
- Succeeds in a highly matrix environment and skilled at cultivating an environment of collaboration and unification.
- Working level knowledge of campaign planning and execution, knowledge of marketing and communication channels and marketing technologies.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication abilities, leadership prowess, an aptitude for problem solving and expertise in multitasking to keep up with project demands
First 90 Days
- Assess and understand the current member experience and corresponding performance
- Assess Net Promotor Score and other CSAT results.
- Deep dive with Bind Help, listening to member calls, reviewing call trends and understanding CRM data.
- Deep dive with Solutions and Appeals, understanding member challenges, issues trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Dive deeply into MyBind and ChooseBind experiences and understand the experience, usage and roadmap.
- Deep dive into MyBind analytics to understand how members are engaging with Bind digital tools.
- Review and assess member engagement plan, objectives, tactics and current performance.
- Identify and participate in any UX initiatives.
- Actively participate in the Design Listening Sessions.
- Evaluate competitive landscape and compare Bind experience.
Develop and Align the End-to-End Member Experience Strategy
- Bring together all functions to develop a comprehensive member experience strategy and ensure clear accountabilities are established.
- Established performance benchmarks for member engagement and member satisfaction.
- Define the discipline of NPS and how Bind uses Net Promoter metrics (both externally and internally) and given Q1 performance data identify what end-to-end experiences need to transform.
- Directly lead development and execution of member engagement strategies, including development of a communication calendar, member segmentation, data analysis and thought leadership campaigns and ensure the calendar of topics and relationships needed is curated.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.