Software Architect – Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (Architecture)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Software Architect – Minneapolis
Bind is seeking a Software Architect with a passion for programming and architecture to help drive change for the health insurance consumer.
- Design and build scalable backend services and tools to help teams implement, deploy and analyze data assets with a high level of autonomy and limited friction
- You will have deep technical skills, be comfortable contributing to an evolving engineering/product ecosystem
- Help build a strong architectural foundation for the company
- Stay up to speed on new technologies and introduce them to your teammates
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, key stakeholders, and other colleagues in clearly and effectively executing features/stories through code
- BS in computer science, engineering or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in software development and coding in various languages (Java, Python, C#, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Proven competency in software design patterns and knowledge of best practices
- Strong data modeling aptitude
- Hands-on experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Experience working within Agile environments: Scrum or Kanban
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Kafka expertise
- SQL mastery
- Proficiency with PySpark
- Healthcare experience, specifically on the provider or payer side
- Start-up Experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.