QA Automation Engineer - Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (QA)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
QA Automation Engineer - Minneapolis
As a QA Automation Engineer you will drive a new level of quality to our products at Bind. You will love to hunt down and reproduce the trickiest bugs. You will also own automating and streamlining our process for detecting issues, facilitating us to scale our products and features efficiently without sacrificing quality. We're looking for someone to bring a passion for quality to the entire organization.
- Reduce the number of bugs we ship to production across all platforms and clients
- Use the latest technologies in test automation to reduce the amount of time it takes to validate that a new feature or build is acceptable for production
- Proactively assist application and frontend engineers in finding, reproducing, and identifying bugs
- Assist in post-mortems after critical bugs, identifying root causes and resolution actions
- Assist engineers with deploying quality code to production
- Devise innovative and cost-effective strategies for finding bugs
- Strong knowledge of Java, Ruby or Python
- 2+ years of test automation experience using Selenium
- 2+ years of API testing experience
- Experience with version control tools like Git or SVN
- Understanding of CI/CD processes, tools, and configuration
- Good understanding of overall QA methodologies and process
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to create test plan, execute it and report on it
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt to existing tools and technologies
- SQL or NoSQL database(s)
- Dedicated to deeply learning product functionality and use cases
- High degrees of curiosity and client empathy
- Willingness to go beyond finding bugs to diagnosing why problems occur
- Experience in testing scale
- Familiar with agile methodologies, automation-first engineering practices and automated testing frameworks (e.g. xUnit, Cucumber, Gingko, Selenium, JMeter, Locust, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-native, microservice-based, software architectures
- Health insurance industry experience
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.