Provider Relations Specialist - Minneapolis
- - Operations - Network Solutions
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Provider Relations Specialist - Minneapolis
Serves as the liaison between Bind and the healthcare provider community through building connected relationships and educating the provider healthcare networks. Establishes positive working relationships with providers, resolves provider inquiries, and acts as the primary liaison between Bind and providers relationship management and resolving needs.
- Supports the creation of processes and infrastructure for the network solutions team, including those for provider relationship management
- Serves as first point of contact direct to provider for provider relations regarding questions, needs and overall understanding
- Investigate issues related to providers, identifies or support solutions, and works to prevent future needs or escalations
- Provide continuous provider education to all network providers through conversations, tools, or aides, as well as internal education
- Provides feedback and guidance to resolve provider questions and requirements; assists with receiving customer feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required.
- Assists with developing network or cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other project requirements
- Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and assists with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensures process and operations compliance and receives guidance within these areas as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Management, or related degree
- A minimum of 3 years of provider experience or related relationship management
- A strong understanding of principles, practices and terminology regarding insured products and operations
- Development and implementation of provider and network programs, policies, and procedures
- Applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Provider and network management within functional business operations
- Strategic initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Process improvement principles and programs
- Relentless pursuit of excellence in communicating the why's along with the what's as it relates to business and systems acumen
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Computer applications and systems related to the work
- Communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Be flexible, adapt to change
- Think outside of usual methods to reach providers
- Cultivate and maintain effective, collaborative, external relationships where the parties trust information that is conveyed
- Communicate with various audience and means (verbal, written and presentation)
- Be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Possess strong business acumen and professionalism
- Manage various projects across the organization
- Manage or oversee both internal and external resources
- Interpret, apply, and explain applicable business processes, laws, codes, and regulations
- Understands the Bind model in order to provide a clear interpretation of organization's policies and procedures related to various administrative/operations functions
- Prepare functional reports, correspondence, and other written materials
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established organizational and department guidelines
- Health insurance industry experience
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts