Provider Optimization Manager - Minneapolis
- - Design - Inventory
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Provider Optimization Manager – Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced Provider Optimization Manager to support the optimization and accuracy of provider network and pricing data for an innovative new health insurance product. Bind is a data driven company with many of its innovations leveraging the data managed by this role, you will find yourself at the core of what makes Bind unique.
The accuracy of this information is paramount to Bind's product and experience, giving this position the opportunity to have significant cross-functional work with other teams to understand business needs and build workflows. You will develop requirements, analyze data, work with vendors, capture scenarios, and validate solutions. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Determine methods for measuring the accuracy of Bind's provider and pricing data and its improvement over time
- Work with member Help team to and build and manage process workflows to resolve member inquiries related to data gaps or inaccuracies
- Develop and manage workflows to resolve issues identified by the Claims team in support of ensuring that there is alignment between pricing displayed on Search and the price members get when their claims are adjudicated
- Partner with Solutions and Appeals committees to resolve member issues and investigate whether they are the result of broader underlying data or process issues
- Collaborate with Reporting team to develop methods for identifying potential issues related to gaps in the information providers submit on claims or the way pricing or other provider data elements are setup within Bind's systems
- Work with Product teams to identify areas of data gaps in support of the various applications and processes that leverage provider and pricing data
- Partner with Inventory teammates to develop and manage the QA of provider and pricing data updates/enhancements before they go into production
- Build process workflows for combining feedback from these various channels to support identifying, solutioning and implementing fixes that meet both individual member requests as well as broader data and infrastructure issues
- Bachelor's degree in business management, or a healthcare field
- MHA or MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of business analysis or process improvement experience
- At least 2 years of experience with administrative healthcare data (e.g. claims, enrollment, provider directory)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to distill multiple concepts and identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Effective communicator, excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
- Knowledge of health care industry concepts (encounters, episodes, members, cost of care, benefit administration, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of provider directory data
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains and code sets (CPT, ICD, DRG, etc.)
- Experience with Excel and developing financial modeling
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.