Product Manager (Provider Data) - Minneapolis or SF
- - Design - Product
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Product Manager (Provider Data) – Minneapolis or SF
We are looking for a high energy, data-driven Product Manager who acts thoughtfully and proactively. You will work across product, reporting, data engineering and technology to help design and deliver an accurate and scalable solution that enables Bind to continue to grow its customer base, deliver consistently on our commitments, and scale as an organization.
As we work to tell our story in numbers, accessibility to and accuracy of our data is critical to our success. This role will work with our data engineering lead to design and build the technical infrastructure to support data management at Bind. You will orchestrate enhancements inside data engineering, set the roadmap, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and add new features.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to define the needs of provider data at Bind and build towards higher quality experiences for our members when accessing their Bind benefits
- Create and orchestrate a product roadmap to build new features into the existing provider service that is leveraged both in our front-end experience and as a critical element in claims adjudication
- Establish monitoring and validation steps inside new and existing data pipelines
- Write user stories and prioritize the product backlog
- Drive agile development practices across scrum teams
- Define, measure, and analyze data product performance
- Problem solve complex challenges and contribute to a continuous product improvement process
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, software development or other technical field
- 4+ years of experience in product management, data management, software engineering, or a similarly technical role
- Strong data query and analysis skills
- Familiarity with data architecture and file transfer systems
- Unique balance of disciplined analytical thinking, creative passion, and an eagerness to be hands-on
- Strong personal drive to continually re-invent and evolve the state of product design
- A passion for a data-driven culture
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, communication skills and ability to interact and influence across diverse groups of technical and non-technical people at all levels
- Ability to adapt styles to the objective at hand – knowing when to apply pressure, knowing when to compromise to keep development moving forward
- Superior attention to detail
- Agile development experience
- Advanced degree
- Familiarity with provider data in health care (provider identifiers on claims, national identifiers, etc.)
- Experience working in a continuous delivery / DevOps model
- Health insurance industry experience
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.