Help Desk Support Specialist - Minneapolis
- - Design - Security & Infrastructure (TechOps/DevOps)
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Help Desk Support Specialist – Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced Help Desk Support Specialist to play a critical role as part of a larger remote team that is based in Minneapolis. IT support will include telephony, some networking and security items – physical and virtual, as well as take on a variety of office duties.
This Help Desk Support Specialist will support the day to day performance of Bind technical assets, SaaS applications, Mac and PC workstations, network, directory, access, and other technical assets. Bind technology used is very (completely) SaaS/IaaS/PaaS enabled. We strive to support anyone from anywhere at any time in a highly secure way.
This role is for a self-starter who is enthusiastic about getting to the bottom of non-obvious problems and helping people be more productive, is ready to establish herself or himself as a key contributor in a small, high-energy environment.
- Support, configure, troubleshoot Mac and Windows workstations
- Help manage access and permissions to various SaaS applications and help federate identity into our directory
- Onboard new employees
- Support all departments and teams when issues arise, or optimization is necessary
- Advocate for strong privacy and security controls
- Contribute to key process improvements and automation
- Keep current on relevant technologies, while always searching for the next emerging solution that could improve Bind's technology
- Be a part of a rotating on-call role in case critical issues surface outside of business hours
- Support general office needs and/or projects as needed
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a related technical field
- A minimum of 3 years of technical support and/or operations
- Experience with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines, demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and self-directed
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be open to general office duties at times that will not be technology based
We'd Love It If
- You possess cloud directory as a service experience
- You consider yourself a JIRA ninja
- You have knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA regulations
- You are familiar working with San Francisco/CA laws and regulations
- You have start-up experience
- You possess one or more of the following repair certifications: Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)/Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), etc.
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.