Senior Finance Specialist - Minneapolis
- - Corporate - Finance
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Senior Finance Specialist- Minneapolis
You will have the opportunity to influence business processes and financial reporting buildouts across a diverse set of cross functional areas for Bind's new fully insured product. Apply your financial acumen to real life, still-maturing stages of financial reporting in a dynamic and ever-changing industry. Come join a team that is expanding its role in a growing organization, setting the stage for significant growth in the immediate future. In this role you will review and analyzes various operational, financial and accounting information to identify trends, develop reports, and provide recommendations. You'll perform or assists with cross-functional projects, giving feedback and guidance, and assists with overall finance and accounting program maintenance and delivery.
• Reviews, analyzes and processes various degrees of financial/business forms, documents, databases, and related materials; completes a variety of specific reports and analytics, identifying trends and findings, assessing financial forecasts and risks.
• Analyzes and reviews operations, results, feedback and related financial/business information on an ongoing basis to determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret findings, and presents results, proposals and recommendations to management.
• Assists with developing financial or cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other project requirements, receives direction and presents information to management; may develop and manage areas that are moderate in scope or impact.
• Develop, build and maintain management reporting package for monthly, quarterly and annual views to a variety of audiences and for a variety of products.
• Assist with Accounting System setup and configuration (Netsuite) and executing client setup/billing/ collections and vendor setup and payment.
• Assist in monthly close, advise accounting on business issues and events, and analyze results both during and post close.
• Complex business modeling including strategic planning, annual budgeting, and monthly rolling forecasts, if necessary.
• Various understanding of the administration and oversight of finance and accounting programs, policies and procedures.
• Intermediate to complex understanding of applicable finance and accounting principles and regulatory requirements for various insurance products.
• Experience with process improvement related to data management, transformation, and summary outputs to support a variety of internal and external reporting needs.
• Knowledge of GAAP, preferably specific to health insurance.
• Data analysis and modeling using Excel, or other query/BI tools to analyze large volumes of data and identify areas of improvement.
• Relentless pursuit of excellence in communicating the why's along with the what's as it relates to spreadsheet financial acumen.
• Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative.
• Handle confidential information with discretion.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects with firm deadlines.
• Communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Be flexible, adapt to change.
• Performing intermediate to complex professional-level finance and accounting duties in a variety of assigned areas.
• Identify trends and draw conclusions from large and complex datasets.
• Reviewing and administering various finance and accounting functions.
• Serving as a team member and the development and management of projects.
• Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
• Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Preparing intermediate to complex functionals reports, correspondence and other written materials.
• Using initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of five years of forecast or management accounting experience in a healthcare organization.
• Regulatory or statutory reporting experience
• Health insurance industry experience
• Start-up Experience:
• Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
• Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering:
• Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
• Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
• Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
• Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
• Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.