Data Science Intern - Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (Data Science)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Data Science Internship - Minneapolis
Bind's data science team is looking for those individuals who are ready to tackle some of healthcare's biggest problems through the application of Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics, and Detailed Analysis of Healthcare data and operations.
Bind Data Science Interns will have an opportunity to use their Python and SQL skills to solve real-world business problems.
A successful candidate will be paired with a Data Science Team mentor and be involved in all stages of project planning, scoping, coding, testing, and associated analysis. Results to be delivered to the appropriate business unit in both delivered code and presentation of analysis. This is a 3-month internship starting in June of 2020.
- Manage Assigned Tasks
- Use Machine Learning and other Data Science techniques to solve one of Bind's data and scale opportunities.
- Figuring out what happens where and for how much? Using billions of rows of data, with Bind ontological concepts and enhancing key components of the Bind episode generation engine.
- Event Prediction Models. Integrating both Medical Claims data and other Consumer operational data to generate prediction models of future events and deploy them into our product to enhance customer experience and save healthcare consumers $!
- Partner with Data Science team, mentor, and organizational stakeholders to develop and execute Data Science workflow.
- Experience with Python scripting (Ex. Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Understanding of Statistical Methods (advanced Stats classes)
- Demonstrated Experience with SQL
- Preferential bias against doing analysis in Excel
- Internship runs June 8 - August 14
- Ability to determine which requirement on this job description is not an absolute requirement
- Recent graduate or currently seeking a graduate degree in Data Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Physics, or a related quantitative discipline required.
- Experiencing working with cloud-based technologies (AWS)
What We're Offering
- Help define / direct how we structure the Bind platform
- Work with some of the brightest, most humble individuals in the health care industry
- The ability to work for an organization that is doing great things for the Health Insurance consumer
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts