UX Design Intern - Minneapolis
- - Design - Product
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
UX Design Intern – Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a motivated intern to work with the UX team. This intern must have a good understanding of user interface / user experience design. This will include business analysis and requirements gathering along with documentation from all business stakeholders. An amazing level of attention to detail is a must. This intern will work closely with the Product team to help drive change from the lens of the health insurance consumer. This is a 3-month internship starting in June of 2020.
- Analyze user experience problems and help create design solutions that meet business goals
- Analyze application and business domain data requirements and business rules, understanding the data flow from source to screen
- Assist in creating user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, and design intuitive applications to support them
- Help construct Interactive Prototypes for the web applications
- Work closely with business stakeholders, clients, designers, developers, and engineers to coordinate the building of applications to spec and on time
- Stay abreast of UX trends, as well as corporate and industry standards looking for creative ideas
- Participate in user testing and design research to gain insight into UX
- Currently pursuing undergrad in graphic design, marketing, and/or computer science
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions
- Understanding and experience in user-centered design process
- Creative thinker who can see the big picture
- A passion for championing UX and innovation
- Working knowledge of wireframe and prototyping experience
- Skilled in using design, wireframing, and use case tools
- Good interaction design skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders, and users
- Portfolio showing your UX skills is required
- Health Care industry experience is a plus
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.