UX Researcher - Minneapolis
- - Design - Product
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
UX Researcher - Minneapolis
The UX Researcher will help Bind focus on and design for the needs of consumers. Join a team that is designing the consumer experience for on-demand health insurance. Help Bind make it simple for people to find the care and coverage best suited to their needs and understand how much it will cost upfront.
In this role, you will make Discovery, Design and Validation contributions to Bind's human centered design and voice of the consumer disciplines. Your work will help the organization develop an understanding of consumer needs and preferences, stated and unstated, that will guide the company's development process. You will also use digital research techniques to understand how effective the company has been in delivering the desired experiences to consumers. This work will have direct impact on Bind's digital presence, including native applications and browser-based
Your work will include conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, usability testing, and logs analysis. The organization will look to you to share this work in depth with the development team and in summary across the company.
- Design and conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Work with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Research the competitive landscape
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Plan, manage and execute all aspects of studies with users including recruiting, logistics, moderation and data collection
- Performs statistical analysis of behavioral and subjective user data
- Work with the Product team to develop an analytics capability that monitors consumer interactions with Bind's digital properties. Analyze these interactions to identify insights into consumers' digital experience with Bind
- Create user profiles and usage scenarios based on user research and quantitative analysis
- Synthesize and communicate research findings across the company through written reports and presentations
- Operate Bind's digital research platform (we use Validately today)
- Become one of Bind's experts on consumers' interactions with the health care system
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of work experience
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Validately, Userzoom or usertesting.com)
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Willing to travel occasionally to visit with users on-site both locally and nationwide
- Strong written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Master's degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience in survey design. Experience in statistical analysis of behavioral and subjective user data and experimental design
- Experience with digital health care
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.