UX Researcher - Minneapolis
- - Design - Product
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
UX Researcher - Minneapolis
The UX Researcher will help Bind focus on and design for the needs of consumers. Join a team that is designing the consumer experience for on-demand health insurance. Help Bind make it simple for people to find the care and coverage best suited to their needs and understand how much it will cost upfront.
In this role, you will make Discovery, Design and Validation contributions to Bind's human centered design and voice of the consumer disciplines. Your work will help the organization develop an understanding of consumer needs and preferences, stated and unstated, that will guide the company's development process. You will also use digital research techniques to understand how effective the company has been in delivering the desired experiences to consumers. This work will have direct impact on Bind's digital presence, including native applications and browser-based
Your work will include conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, usability testing, and logs analysis. The organization will look to you to share this work in depth with the development team and in summary across the company.
- Design and conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Work with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Research the competitive landscape
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Plan, manage and execute all aspects of studies with users including recruiting, logistics, moderation and data collection
- Performs statistical analysis of behavioral and subjective user data
- Work with the Product team to develop an analytics capability that monitors consumer interactions with Bind's digital properties. Analyze these interactions to identify insights into consumers' digital experience with Bind
- Create user profiles and usage scenarios based on user research and quantitative analysis
- Synthesize and communicate research findings across the company through written reports and presentations
- Operate Bind's digital research platform (we use Validately today)
- Become one of Bind's experts on consumers' interactions with the health care system
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of work experience
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Validately, Userzoom or usertesting.com)
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Willing to travel occasionally to visit with users on-site both locally and nationwide
- Strong written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Master's degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience in survey design. Experience in statistical analysis of behavioral and subjective user data and experimental design
- Experience with digital health care
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.