Provider Data Strategist - Remote
- - Design - Inventory
- Remote, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Provider Data Strategist – Remote
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced Provider Data Strategist to design and manage new capabilities to support the development of optimal provider networks within an innovative new health insurance product.
Much of this work will relate to initiatives that span many teams, requiring this position to work cross-functionally to understand business needs and priorities, and develop corresponding requirements, analyze data, work with vendors, capture scenarios, and validate solutions. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Explore the build out of a graph database to better optimize the ability to display provider, location, service and condition relationships identified in claims data
- Identify opportunities for Bind to leverage existing vendors to complement its data and infrastructure to support providing better and more robust information to members regarding providers and provider practice patterns
- Analyze the effectiveness of Bind's ability to provide complete and relevant data supporting member engagement and decision making
- Analyze the impact of unique contracting and administrative approaches with providers
- Identify practitioners and locations offering specific services
- Oversee the development of health record matching algorithms that allow for the combining and cleansing of data from multiple sources
- Develop a robust set of attribution logic, supporting the buildout of data relationships within Bind's provider database
- Conduct financial modeling the pricing of Bind's unique value proposition of providing price certainty to members
- Evaluate innovative value-based contracting opportunities with providers
- Bachelor's degree in business management, or a healthcare field
- MHA or MBA Preferred
- 5+years of business analysis experience
- At least 2 years of experience with administrative healthcare data (e.g. claims, enrollment, provider directory)
- Effective communicator, excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of health care industry concepts (encounters, episodes, members, cost of care, benefit administration, etc.)
- Working knowledge of provider directory data
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excel guru with
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
- Ability to distill multiple concepts and identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains and code sets (CPT, ICD, DRG, etc.)
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience with Excel and developing financial modeling
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new Health Insurance Plan with offices in Minneapolis, New York and San Francisco
- The possibility to positively affect change here at Bind
- Help define / direct how we structure the Bind platform
- Work with some of the brightest, most humble individuals in the health care industry
- The ability to work for an organization that is doing great things for the Health Insurance consumer
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.