Director, Product Development and Benefit Strategies
- - Design - Plan Design
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Director, Product Development and Benefit Strategies
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Product Development and Benefit leader to define and direct how we build and manage the Bind product portfolio. You will lead the identification and development of new products and interface directly with key stakeholders. You will interface directly with key stakeholders in the identification and design of new products and benefit models. We are looking for a team member with strong health plan product and benefit knowledge who can work independently and has excellent stakeholder communication and management skills.
- Participate as a member of the Plan Sponsor Adoption team in advancing product strategy and development of innovative offerings
- Lead the build and implement new product and benefit models consistent with Bind mission and vision that realize value for new and existing constituents
- Coordinate portfolio strategies and enhancements within and across departments
- Coordinate with other areas within Design and Build teams to align resources and priorities, including development business case
- Research, analyze and evaluate medical benefits for all industry segments and customer profiles
- Facilitate meetings with executive team and key stakeholders to achieve program, product and benefit design solutions that meet needs and expectations of plan sponsors
- Partner with the Revenue, Clinical and Operations to develop and maintain programs, product and solution documentation and specifications
- Perform data analysis to inform models and product design, plan design and positioning
- Maintain knowledge of ERISA, fully insured, MHPAEA and other state benefit laws and regulations and develop that expertise within the Adoption team
- Enhance Bind's offerings within the portfolio
- Provide support across Bind in communicating product offerings, features, and intent
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Serve as a resource regarding coding questions and interpretation of standards; provide support on use of codes and changes to coding standards as needed
- Bachelor's degree, Business, or related field
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of the healthcare industry, products, and business cycles/trends
- 5-7+ years of experience in health plan product development and management experience including but not limited to market and portfolio research and analysis
- Experience leading coverage review which requires interpretation of state and federal mandates, applicable benefit language, and medical and reimbursement policies
- 5-7+ years business/operations experience in a health plan environment and familiarity with commercial plan design both self-funded and fully insured
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Clear communication, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Seeking to work in a dynamic startup environment where every day offers new challenges
- Uses effective influencing skills to share expertise and persuade others
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and resolve conflict within and across department lines
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience within the health care industry
- Start-up Experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.