Sr Data Engineer - Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (Data)
- Minneapolis , MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Senior Data Engineer – Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated Data Engineer to collaborate in researching, documenting, designing and qualifying Bind data engineering system capabilities for Bind insurance processes including, but not limited to: payer, provider, claims, etc. You will leverage your excellent ETL skills, passion for fixing health insurance and desire to promote choice for the health insurance consumer. Focus, attention to detail, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Partner or Lead, as needed, projects to define solutions to data needs, issues, and defects
- Translate business needs into meaningful and detailed requirements for the Data Engineering team
- Understand vendor along w/ Bind capabilities and data to create data definitions, transformation logic, and data storage options based on business requirements
- Work with developers to validate processes and data input/output quality
- Analyze Bind data to elicit patterns in the data that can optimize the processing and storage of the data
- Analyze and document new and existing data interfaces within the Bind Data Platform
- Contribute to the ETL design and development process, providing inputs to analysis and data mapping
- Collaborate with product owners, analysts, and vendors to document complex business logic
- Partner with developers and testers in an Agile Scrum framework to communicate, refine, and validate requirements and solutions
- Translate complex concepts to messaging that can be understood by broader audiences
- Participate in user acceptance testing to validate that solutions meet requirements
- A bachelor's degree in technology, business management, or a healthcare field preferred
- 7+ years in Healthcare with a primary focus on data analysis, ETL, and/or data processing
- Ability to translate business requirements into deployable assets
- Strong experience with SQL and data analysis
- Demonstrated detailed experience with healthcare data, specifically in the claims' domain
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with provider directories and member facing applications
- Ability to successfully operate in an environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills w/ exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with health care industry concepts (encounters, episodes, members, cost of care, etc.)
- Experience with data taxonomy structures (preferably clinical) and their uses
- Experience with project and/or product management and lifecycles
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and other SDLC methodologies
- Experience with Cloud/AWS environments preferred
- Ability to leverage Python coding skills
- Start-up Experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts