Product Manager (Data Engineering) - Minneapolis
- - Design - Product
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016, and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Product Manager - Data Engineering
We are looking for a high energy, data-driven Product Manager who acts thoughtfully and proactively. You will work across product, reporting, data engineering and technology to help design and deliver an accurate and scalable solution that enables Bind to continue to grow its customer base, deliver consistently on our commitments, and scale as an organization.
As we work to tell our story in numbers, accessibility to and accuracy of our data is critical to our success. This role will work with our data engineering lead to design and build the technical infrastructure to support data management at Bind. You will orchestrate enhancements inside data engineering, set the roadmap, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and add new features.
- Design and build a centralized data management capability requiring architecture and standards for data handling, ETL, and file transfer processes
- Own and drive a product roadmap in coordination with data engineering, reporting, development operations, and other product teams while ensuring data quality
- Contribute to Bind's product vision and strategy for building a common and re-usable data infrastructure
- Own the vetting and procurement of new data sources
- Understand data use agreements and build constraints for varying permissions and security
- Write user stories and prioritize the product backlog
- Drive agile development practices
- Define, measure, and analyze product performance
- Problem solve complex challenges and contribute to a continuous product improvement process
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, software development or other technical field
- 2-4+ years of experience in product management, data management, software engineering, or a similarly technical role
- Strong data query and analysis skills
- Familiarity with data architecture and file transfer systems
- Unique balance of disciplined analytical thinking, creative passion, and an eagerness to be hands-on
- Strong personal drive to continually re-invent and evolve the state of product design
- A passion for a data-driven culture
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, communication skills and ability to interact and influence across diverse groups of technical and non-technical people at all levels
- Ability to adapt styles to the objective at hand – knowing when to apply pressure, knowing when to compromise to keep development moving forward
- Superior attention to detail
- Agile development experience
- Advanced degree
- Familiarity with health care data (claims, enrollment, etc.)
- Experience working in a continuous delivery / DevOps model
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law