Technical Scrum Master - Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (Delivery)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Technical Scrum Master – Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced Technical Scrum Master to play a critical role in supporting the software development team and processes across the Bind platform's suite of applications. This leader will establish and maintain strong business relationships with product, operations, and technology leaders to understand and deliver strategic platform capabilities.
The Bind Technical Scrum Master will partner with business and technology teams to drive continuous improvement in cross-functional development processes, and directly lead the team of software developers with accountability for strategy, standards, and execute for delivery of the suite of applications. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the application platform capabilities and be a thought partner across business functions to translate product roadmaps into successful delivery to meet customer value
- Orchestrate the software development processes across business and technology teams to successfully deliver software releases
- Facilitate work, meet tight deadlines within a team of software developers in the US and Bulgaria
- Partner with product management, QA, architecture, and key leaders across the platform to prioritize capabilities and ensure development teams are setup to successfully meet milestones
- Work directly with customers on key technical needs
- Drive continuous improvement in cross-functional processes through partnership with business and technology teams
- Maintain understanding of the Bind platform strategy and roadmaps to ensure technical staffing needs are known and deliverable expectations are informing business priorities
- Perform special projects as needed
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a related technical field
- A minimum of eight years in application development, preferably in the health care field
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to read and understand company strategy, priorities, architecture, processes, and individual talents and interests to articulate options and recommendations, make thoughtful and effective decisions, and get cross-team alignment to successfully execute
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines, and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership in agile software process orchestration, including Agile/Scrum/Kanban, across technology and product management teams and with multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to manage a team of developers while creating an excellent culture to attract and retain talent and deliver highly productive and responsive results
- Technical design and programming skills (Java, Python) to engage with the development team
- Experience working as a liaison between business and technical teams, including the ability to influence business and technical requirements by understanding each
- Proven ability to influence course of action when others are directly accountable for outcomes
- Ability to identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.