QA Automation Engineer - Minneapolis
- - Design - Engineering (QA)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that'sflexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
QA Automation Engineer - Minneapolis
As a QA Automation Engineer you will drive a new level of quality to our products at Bind. You will love to hunt down and reproduce the trickiest bugs. You will also own automating and streamlining our process for detecting issues, facilitating us to scale our products and features efficiently without sacrificing quality. We're looking for someone to bring a passion for quality to the entire organization.
- Reduce the number of bugs we ship to production across all platforms and clients
- Use the latest technologies in test automation to reduce the amount of time it takes to validate that a new feature or build is acceptable for production
- Proactively assist application and frontend engineers in finding, reproducing and identifying bugs
- Assist in post-mortems after critical bugs, identifying root causes and resolution actions
- Assist engineers with deploying quality code to production
- Devise innovative and cost-effective strategies for finding bugs
- Strong knowledge of Java, Ruby or Python
- 2+ years of test automation experience using Selenium
- 2+ years of API testing experience
- Experience with version control tools like Git or SVN
- Understanding of CI/CD processes, tools, and configuration
- Good understanding of overall QA methodologies and process
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to create test plan, execute it and report on it
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt to existing tools and technologies
- SQL or NoSQL database(s)
- Dedicated to deeply learning product functionality and use cases
- High degrees of curiosity and client empathy
- Willingness to go beyond finding bugs to diagnosing why problems occur
- Experience in testing scale
- Familiar with agile methodologies, automation-first engineering practices and automated testing frameworks (e.g. xUnit, Cucumber, Gingko, Selenium, JMeter, Locust, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-native, microservice-based, software architectures
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industryEmpowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.