Contracts Manager - Minneapolis
- - Corporate - Legal
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Contracts Manager - Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a highly motivated, engaged, and experienced contracts manager and negotiator. Our Contracts Manager will be primarily responsible for creating, negotiating, and managing a variety of company contracts, and will work closely with the Legal department, other internal constituents, external vendors, and customers. The ideal candidate will be organized, communicative, efficient, collaborative, and thoughtful. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Facilitate the negotiation of contracts in support of internally-facing business needs and/or externally-facing sales support, which may include without limitation and dependent on experience: non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, broker agreements, services agreements, customer agreements, data sharing agreements, administrative services agreements, business associate agreements, etc.
- Manage revisions to company contract templates as informed by internal stakeholders; create template-related tools with fallback negotiation positions and meta-data regarding certain contract provisions.
- Create initial contract drafts using company templates, propose redlines, facilitate internal review meetings, facilitate the exchange of drafts externally and external negotiation meetings.
- Review and redline contracts from external vendors to ensure appropriate balance of risk and insertion of company-specific terms.
- Develop internal contract request intake and triage process; develop mechanism and processes to track and communicate the status of all contracts under negotiation; utilize existing tools to efficiently obtain signatures in accordance with company delegation of authority.
- Manage all company contracts, including storage into a contract repository/management system (including all updates).
- Enhance, create or source a contract management system, and develop associated processes, to track key elements of contracts, including facilitation of proactive planning and contract management meetings with key stakeholders (e.g., customer renewals).
- Interact and collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders, and as necessary external partners, to drive contract management excellence and maintain positive relationships supporting business goals and objectives.
- Act as key point of contact for any questions/ needs regarding contracts.
- Analyze and trend contracts-related operational data to identify inefficiencies and implement process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Seven (7) years contracts management experience required; experience within the health care industry preferred.
- Have good judgement and the initiative to elevate and flag issues when appropriate.
- Diligent, organized, and good-humored professional who is comfortable adapting to shifts in priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to drive issues to resolution, think creatively, work independently, and self-motivate.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify and define problems, collect data/information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism and business ethics.
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts