Operations Analyst (Platform) - Minneapolis
- - Operations - Administrative Platform
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Operations Data Analyst
The operations data analyst is a key member of the platform operations team supporting data management, reporting and problem triaging and resolution. This person will work closely with the Platform Program Manager and the operations team to ensure integrity of the data systems. This position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to write SQL queries, meticulous attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment. The ideal candidate is naturally curious and not adverse to owning problems through resolution.
• Create, execute and monitor reports used to support business operations using the Bind reporting tool Looker or other internal reporting and data querying tools
• Complete ad hoc request for data to troubleshoot and triage incidents
• Maintain ultimate responsibility for coordinating query resolution with internal and external client and ensuring effective management of claim queries
• Work with internal product owners to identify business requirements for system enhancements and bug fixes
• Become a subject matter expert on the claim life cycle and a go to resource on the impacts of change and innovation to the day to day operations
• Cooperate with Bind's internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with regulations
• Ensure problems are escalated to management's attention and expectations are properly managed
• Communicate and interact with internal and external clients and vendors on questions and issues related to services provided delivering high quality service and support
• Participate in process optimization by identifying and implementing improvements
• Ensure procedures and service standards are documented and updated as changes occur
• Identify workflow/system improvements and work with manager and operations team to enact change
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance industry strongly preferred.
• A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel; Intermediate SQL knowledge preferred
• Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to take initiative
• Ability to learn and adapt to change
• Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Occasionally must be available to work outside of standard hours to support business needs, especially during annual business peak time (end of year)
• Travel with in U.S for training or special projects may be required
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts