Provider Data Strategist - Minneapolis
- - Design - Inventory
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that is flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We are more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Provider Data Strategist – Minneapolis
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced Provider Data Strategist to design and manage new capabilities to support the development and optimization of provider networks within an innovative new health insurance product. Bind is a data driven company with many of its innovations leveraging the data managed by this role, you will find yourself at the core of what makes Bind unique.
There are many downstream users of this data and infrastructure. This position will have significant cross-functional work with other teams like Data Engineering and Data Science to understand business needs and priorities. You will develop requirements, analyze data, work with vendors, capture scenarios, and validate solutions. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Develop approach for measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of Bind's ability to provide complete and relevant data supporting member engagement and decision making
- Identify opportunities for Bind to enrich the provider information supporting members' decisions
- Determine methods for identifying and capturing provider practice pattern variation across providers that supports Bind's evaluation of provider efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyze the opportunities for unique contracting and administrative approaches with providers
- Develop process for identifying data relationships in a manner that makes the Search experience browsable within Bind's applications
- Oversee the development of data matching algorithms that allow for the combining and cleansing of data from multiple sources
- Work with the reporting team to design and capture the impacts of Bind's unique value proposition of providing price certainty to members
- Develop and evaluate innovative value-based contracting approaches and opportunities for establishing them with providers
- Explore other infrastructure and vendor opportunities for optimizing the ability to display provider, location, service and condition relationships identified in claims data
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business management, or a healthcare field | MHA or MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- At least 2 years of experience with administrative healthcare data (e.g. claims, enrollment, provider directory)
- Effective communicator, excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of health care industry concepts (encounters, episodes, members, cost of care, benefit administration, etc.)
- Working knowledge of provider directory data
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
- Ability to distill multiple concepts and identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains and code sets (CPT, ICD, DRG, etc.)
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience with Excel and developing financial modeling
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new Health Insurance Plan with offices in Minneapolis, New York and San Francisco
- The possibility to positively affect change here at Bind
- Help define / direct how we structure the Bind platform
- Work with some of the brightest, most humble individuals in the health care industry
- The ability to work for an organization that is doing great things for the Health Insurance consumer
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts