Benefit Strategist - Corporate Development - Minneapolis
- - Corporate - Corporate Development
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Benefit Strategist – Corporate Development - Minneapolis
This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Benefit Strategist to help define and direct how we build new products and pursue new markets in our newly created Benefit Strategist – Corporate Development role. You will lead the identification and development of new benefit product models and interface directly with key stakeholders. We are looking for a team member with strong leadership skills who works independently and has excellent stakeholder communication & management.
• Participate as a member of the corporate team in advancing product strategy and development
• Build new product models consistent with Bind mission and vision that realize value for new and existing constituencies
• Research, analyze, and evaluate medical benefits for all industry segments and customer profiles
• Maintain knowledge of all 50 states benefit laws and regulations
• Maintain relationships and open lines of communication with our regulatory agencies
• Perform data analysis to inform models (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting model to develop claims projections, rate setting and cost sharing
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise communications
• Review internal compliance and disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and member communications to ensure alignment of company mission and goals
• Bachelor's degree, Business and/or Mathematics preferred
• 5-7 years actuarial experience in health and benefits
• Fellow in the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
• Strong business acumen and knowledge of the healthcare industry, products, and business cycles/trends
• Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
• Seeking to work in a dynamic startup environment where every day offers new challenges
• Ability to think strategically by innovating, initiating and understanding how work connects to others'
• Strong communicator who uses varied techniques to craft messages/presentations to reach audiences effectively
• Uses effective influencing skills to share expertise and persuade others
• Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and resolve conflict within actuarial area and across departmental lines
• Strong research, problem solving, and analysis skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
• Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts