Large Market Account Partner - Mid-West or Northeast
- - Revenue - Customer Development
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Large Market Account Partner – Mid-West or Northeast region
The Large Market Account Partner is a key contributor within the Customer Development function and manages client relationships with the large and jumbo channels to satisfy, retain, and grow Bind's customers. The Large Market Account Partner will be the ongoing day-to-day point of contact for assigned clients. This role is part of a dedicated Customer Development team responsible for building outstanding client relationships with Bind.
The position will require 20% travel on average with up to 50% at times to visit customers, attend critical industry meetings, and participate in key Large Market Account Partner field events. The ideal candidate will reside either in the Mid-West or Northeast region of the United States.
- Excellent balance in supporting the customer while protecting the Bind platform
- Lad complex Plan Sponsor engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, communications and renewal
- Interact, collaborate, and partner with senior leaders and C-Suite level executives on the Bind and Plan Sponsor strategy, while building trust and relationships
- Understands key market and regulatory dynamics of the insurance industry segment and well as the Plan Sponsor's industry segment
- Serves as the day to day contact, responds to questions and concerns to ensure customer success and proper account management, such as plan and performance reviews, tailored marketing and communications, and ensuring the resolution of escalated or sensitive cases.
- Understand customers' business challenges, health and wellness strategy, industry trends and consult on how Bind can help them achieve their objective
- Provides leadership and guidance to analyst function that serves as support to you and the Plan Sponsor
- Upon notification of sale, work closely with the Sales and Implementation teams to establish a client specific implementation plan
- During the Implementation Process, work closely with Plan Sponsor to establish a strong working relationship and understanding of customer needs, structure and path to success
- Participate in open enrollment/member recruitment activities as requested
- Develop strategies for retention, growth and plan design efficiencies/changes
- Participate in user acceptance testing to validate solutions meet requirements
- Monitor the service model performance and details, identifying and resolving issues and prioritizing and delivering on improvements
- Manage broker/consultant relationships (if existing) for the delivery of the service model
- 6+ years of client facing experience in the insurance or health and benefits industry, relationship management for jumbo, large companies (10,000+ lives) in the health insurance space
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with large, and/or national employers
- Interacting and working with senior leaders and C-Suite level executives
- Strong account management experience specifically working with large employer HR function
- Ability to set realistic goals, manage expectations and prioritize needs of competing interests (client, operations, information systems, internal and external partners, sales)
- Ability to organize and schedule people and tasks to develop realistic action plans
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel are ideal)
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic organization
- Demonstrated results orientation and ability to execute on goals
- Manage high volume of details with precision and excellence in short and inflexible timeframes
- Ability to travel 20% on average and up to 50% during heavy implementation and Open Enrollment periods
- 4-year college degree
- A self-starter who operates with minimal direction
- Experience working at a start-up is a plus
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new health insurance start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work w/ people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.