Data Analyst - Data Engineering - Minneapolis
- - Technology
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Data Analyst – Data Engineering
Our newly created Data Analyst will collaborate in researching, documenting and qualifying Bind system capabilities and features for the Bind insurance processes. Position includes working with employer, claims, program, reference, provider data as well as understanding the processes and flow of data throughout the platform. Bind is looking for a Data Analyst who can work within a team to understand business needs and priorities, and develop corresponding requirements and document scenarios, develop, design and implement ETL processing jobs, and validate proposed and coded solutions.
Focus, attention to detail, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Translate business needs into meaningful and detailed requirements for the Data Engineering team
- Understand vendor and Bind capabilities and data to create data definitions, transformation logic, and data storage options based on business requirements
- Analyze Bind data to elicit patterns in the data that can optimize the processing and storage of the data
- Analyze and document new and existing data interfaces within the Bind Data Platform
- Contribute to the ETL design and development process, providing inputs to analysis and data mapping including some ETL job development
- Collaborate with product owners, other analysts, and vendors to document complex business logic across both responsibility areas and integration across the platform
- Partner with developers and testers in a Scrum framework to communicate, refine, and validate requirements and solutions
- Translate complex concepts to messaging that can be understood by broader audiences
- Participate in user acceptance testing to validate that solutions meet requirements
- Partner with team members as needed to define solutions to data needs, issues, and defects
- A bachelor's degree in technology, business management, or a healthcare field preferred
- 5+ years in Healthcare with a primary focus on data analysis or data processing.
- Ability to translate business requirements into deployable assets
- Strong experience with SQL and data analysis
- Demonstrated detailed experience with healthcare data from at least one of these domains (Claims, Pharmacy, Clinical)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex data questions.
- Experience converting analysis to solutions, mapping and documentation
- Experience defining, creating and maintaining data translation processes
- Ability to work independently to identify, solve and communicate data processing, storage and structural challenges
- Ability to distill multiple concepts to define and simplify requirements
- Ability to successfully operate in an environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Familiarity with health care industry concepts (encounters, episodes, members, cost of care, etc.)
- Experience with provider directories and member facing applications
- Experience with data taxonomy structures (preferably clinical) and their uses
- Familiarity with database design principles
- Experience with project and/or product management and lifecycles
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and other SDLC methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
- Experience with Cloud/AWS environments preferred
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.