Network Operations Lead
- - Networks
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Network Operations Lead
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced individual to orchestrate the vision, roadmap, and delivery of major new capabilities for optimal networks operations within an innovative new health insurance product. Delivering these capabilities will require coordinating across all aspects of the organization. Our newly created Network Operations Lead will pursue understanding of the needs of providers, pursue solutions to meet those needs prioritized over time, and clearly and effectively communicate the needs, the vision, and the solutions both internally and externally. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Manage the implementation and ongoing operations of our partner networks
- Operate and refine the process to keep Bind's provider database current
- Operate and refine the process to capture provider contracts and rates
- Design, build and operate Bind's provider service model including technology platform
- Create, manage, and deliver training programs for implementation and operation of the Bind's networks
- Monitor the service model performance and details, identifying and resolving issues and prioritizing and delivering on improvements
- A bachelor's degree in technology, business management, or a healthcare field. MHA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of healthcare experience
- 2+ years of service experience
- Ability to identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Deep understanding of health care industry constituents and their needs
- Ability to distill multiple concepts to prioritize and define a product roadmap
- Ability to define priorities and requirements for product development, including new systems to support the product
- Experience with project and/or product management and lifecycles
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and other SDLC methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Communicate effectively, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.