Customer Care Advocate
- - Operations
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with a San Francisco satellite. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Our team is growing! Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced Member Advocate. In this unique role, you will handle and resolve difficult and complex escalated provider and member service issues. The goal is to make each call a personable experience. You will also assist in defining the strategy and processes of the contact center as well as help build our CRM. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Handle escalated provider and member service issues, including claim analysis, health benefit interpretation and guidance, coverage analysis, and provider network participation analysis.
- Provide superior service to our members and providers, by showing empathy and being an active listener.
- Assist Tier 1 support to resolve escalated issues. Work with management team on more critical issues when necessary.
- Identify and help solution issues resulting in repeat member or provider confusion or dissatisfaction. Assist in resolving systemic issues to prevent future occurrences.
- Participate in the implementation and prioritization of Help strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards and ensure effective utilization of them.
- Function as a liaison to service vendors and business partners to align service delivery with strategic objectives and priorities.
- Drive completion of projects and initiatives; follow through on execution of chosen strategies and demonstrate an ability to stay the course despite obstacles.
- Works independently within established procedures associated with this role.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of contact center experience in the healthcare industry, payer experience preferred.
- Proven leadership skills – role model, motivator
- Quick decision maker
- Empathetic customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Contact center management experience
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Proficient in MS Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.