Benefit Plan Configuration Specialist
- - Operations
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with a San Francisco satellite. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Benefit Plan Configuration Specialist
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced plan configuration specialist to play a critical role in implementing a new claim platform and executing the plan configuration process. A Bind Plan Configuration Specialist will partner with technology, operations and plan design to ensure the Bind claim platforms align with the benefit plan. You will develop expertise in the Bind benefit plan and how to translate the benefit plan into claims processing rules. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Develop best practices and standard operational procedures for creating benefit plans, associating providers, and developing claim processing rules. Establish consistency and standardization as it relates to tools and processes (deliverable templates, change management processes, business models, process flows, etc.).
- Participate in the development and implementation of an enterprise claim platform, providing subject matter expertise on the system configuration and usability components. Align operational needs with technology requirements.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the Bind claim platforms, understanding how best to translate the Bind product requirements into claim processing rules.
- Develop plan configuration loading rules and benefit and claim testing processes to support new plan requirements. Analyze issues/defects and debug the system when configuration is not producing the expected results.
- Execute the build and coordinate the integration or conversion of new clients and/or products as needed, often under aggressive timelines.
- Partner with claim processors, member service and provider service to identify and resolve issues related to the plan configuration.
- Function as a liaison to Business and IT teams to align technical solutions with business needs, ensuring optimal implementation of the Bind plan on the Bind claim platforms.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years' service as a benefit/claim configuration specialist in the health care field, preferably in the payer space.
- A deep understanding of payer operations, claim processing, and experience deploying a software product in the healthcare payer space.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to read and understand complex data and make thoughtful, articulate recommendations; ability to translate analysis of data into meaningful outputs.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines, and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working as a liaison between business and technical teams, development of business requirements and knowledge of software development lifecycle management.
- Ability to drive completion of projects and initiatives, follow through on execution of chosen strategies and demonstrate an ability to stay the course despite obstacles.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and other SDLC methodologies.
- Proficient in MS Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment with HIPAA requirements.
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.