QA Automation Engineer
- - Technology
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
QA Automation Engineer
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will strive to make our applications become the very best they can be. It's their job to hunt down the broken, track the missing, and resolve all issues to help us achieve software perfection.
- Developing / leveraging test automation and writing overarching unit tests to cover sections of project functionality
- Participating in customer reviews and other project meetings
- Providing estimates for project proposals
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of automated test experience, with 5+ years of total Software QA/ Testing experience
- The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will possess an in-depth knowledge of and solid testing experience of at least one development language (Java, Groovy, C++, C#, etc.)
- Programming and scripting proficiency
- Strong knowledge and experience with test methodologies, QA process, and software release cycle
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate test methodologies, including writing test plans and test cases
- Solid knowledge of Operating Systems and networking
- Strong knowledge of release procedures and software defect tracking
- Solid proficiency in test effort estimation and tracking
- Object oriented programming concepts
- Database fundamentals (SQL), and Data Manipulation experience.
- Experience with XML and JSON Structures and Messaging Queues throughout career.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies are highly preferred
- Background knowledge/experience in Performance Testing
- Understanding of or experience with Security Testing
- Experience with Web Service testing
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.