Chief Data Scientist - San Francisco
- - Data Science
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Full Time
Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don't, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that's flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We're more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Chief Data Scientist – San Francisco
Highly skilled, motivated, and experienced individual to orchestrate the vision, roadmap, and delivery of the Data Science function at an innovative new health insurance company. Delivering these capabilities will require coordinating across several aspects of the organization. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Maintain a deep understanding of data science tools and techniques and the ability to map those to Bind's marketplace dynamics
- Take initiative to conduct exploratory data analyses and experimental designs to help better understand trends and behavior that highlight Bind's value and opportunities within these markets
- Communicate Bind's capabilities and insights from data analysis and data science assets through effective data visualization, reporting, and story telling
- Manage the business's external data and analytics partners and play a leading role in the design of the vision, capabilities, infrastructure, and quarterly/annual roadmap for the launch and ongoing use of new data sciences capabilities
- Lead a team of data scientists and data analysts in leveraging big data capabilities, designing and launching innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques applied to both structured and unstructured data sets
- Define and drive business value through the utilization of data assets and analytics
- Drive education and evangelization of data sciences throughout Bind and externally as needed by communicating the vision and key use case potential of data insights
- Play a strategic role with continuously improving the company's data analysis model and assets to deliver industry-leading performance and insights through the leveraging of new and creative data-sources and employing the latest in machine learning
- Ensure quality and integrity of the insights and story from the data analysis models and data science assets and how those insights align with Bind's overall story
- A master's degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
- A proven and successful track record of leading high-performing data analyst teams through the successful delivery of advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modeling that positively impact business performance
- Deep understanding of probability and statistics, data science, machine learning, data management, and visualization techniques
- Deep understanding of healthcare data and healthcare opportunities
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modeling and passion to leverage these tools to provide insights and capabilities to meet business goals
- Ability to map business problems to possibilities for data insights and solutions
- Proven success in articulating a vision and then building processes, structures, and teams to support that vision
- Ability to identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build a collaborative culture and relationships across the organization and with external strategic partners
- Demonstrated ability to influence course of action when others are directly accountable for outcomes
- Knowledge and experience in a health plan environment
- Ability to travel to meet the needs of the role
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.